From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New monitor problems. < sighs >
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:05:37
1 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > On 12/15/10 09:40:48, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi again,
5 >>
6 >> For those mot up to date. I built a new rig that has a Nvidia GT220
7 >> card in it. I bought a brand new monitor this morning, a LG W2253,
8 >> and
9 >> it worked one time. I had to reboot to move some things around and
10 >> when
11 >> I rebooted, the GUI doesn't come up. The BIOS screen shows up and I
12 >> can
13 >> see the services start up as well but when it switches to vt7, it
14 >> just
15 >>
16 >> has a little blinking cursor at the top.
17 >>
18 > Have you changed the kernel? The nvidia-drivers (as well as the ati-
19 > drivers) have to be re-emerged after (nearly) any change to the kernel.
20 > Just re-emerge it, unload and reload the corresponding kernel module
21 > and try again to startx.
22 >
23 > Helmut.
27 Just to make sure I understand you correctly. You mean:
28
29 cd /usr/src/linux
30 make all && make modules_install
31 then cp the kernel to /boot ?
32
33 That I didn't try. I knew if I updated the kernel I had to re-emerge
34 the nvidia-drivers but I didn't know it was the other way around too.
35
36 Dale
37