From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 18:06:03
1 On 09/16/14 17:57, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 [snip]
3 >>
4 >>solved all the problems.
5 >>I was at python:3.3 but for some reason or another (mostly my fault) I
6 >>did not unmerged python:3.1
7 >>
8 >>When it comes to upgrading be-weekly maybe but from my experience, when
9 >>I was doing it more often, occasionally, I ended up with a broken
10 >>system that was caused by new
11 >>packages.
12 >>I have 4-boxes at home and two boxes at a remote location. So the
13 >>boxes at home get upgraded first, I wait a week, just to make sure
14 >>every program works and
15 >>then I upgrade one box on a remote location, wait one week again and
16 >>upgrade the second box (the backup) in the remote location.
17 >>So doing it even every second week would be too often for this routine.
18 >>
19 >>The boxes are "rsync" to one local box.
20 >
21 >I am starting to wonder.
22 >How exactly do you upgrade the other machines?
23 >Copying the entire filesystem?
24
25 I rsync one local server and all other machine are rsync to it.
26 My main idea is trying not to introduce to many newer versions packages as in the past I've notice that that could cause the problem.
27
28 The is no need for sarcasm. I basically do what works and I do learn from my experience (sometimes :-/).
31 Joseph