From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 22:56:02
1 On 17/12/2016 20:22, Heiko Baums wrote:
2 > Am 17.12.2016 um 16:44 schrieb Alan McKinnon:
3 >> It's not Neil's job to solve your problems. It's your job.
4 >>
5 >> Neil isn't offering a solution to you, he's trying to guide your
6 >> thoughts in a direction where you can see solutions, so please stop
7 >> asking him (or anyone else) to find them for you.
8 >
9 > No he isn't offering a solution. He claims that nobody is forcing me to
10 > using systemd. Well, Gentoo isn't indeed, but the other distros are.
11 >
12 > I just asked him for a solution. I couldn't find one so far.
13 >
14 > But I guess you are also one of those Poettering fanboys when I read
15 > your arguments.
16
17 No, I'm not a Poetering fanboy, and you seem to be seeing the world in a
18 way that fits your biases.
19
20 None of my Gentoo machines have systemd. One of them has pulseaudio. My
21 work laptop runs Mint and that has systemd because ... that's what it
22 comes with.
23
24 All my Ubuntu 16.04 VMs have systemd (they ship like that), the Ubuntu
25 14.04 VMs have upstart.
26
27 But the VMS I like most are the FreeBSD ones; they run good
28 old-fashioned rc.
29
30 And you really need to go back and read the thread. Of course nobody
31 said Neil is offering you a solution; it is you that are demanding one
32 from people that never said they would. And of all the stupid places to
33 do it, the one place almost certain to not give you what you want - on a
34 public mailing list! Please, grow up and stop whining. It's getting tiresom.
37 Alan McKinnon
38 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com