From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems getting systemd to work
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 12:29:45
1 Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2
3 > Am 13.05.2014 05:46, schrieb covici@××××××××××.com:
4 >
5 > > Hi. Well, even with use_fstab=yes, it does not put one, just
6 > > /etc/fstab.empty of 0 length -- how can I fix?
7 >
8 > I didn't read the full thread yet ... but let me get that straight for
9 > me to understand the status:
10 >
11 > * You want to have / and everything on LVM volumes (LVs) and /boot (not
12 > /boot/efi, right? No EFI here?) as a separate partition.
13
14 Correct.
17 > Are you able to boot this via openrc?
18
19 Yes openrc works fine.
22 > * What is the status now with dracut? The mentioned options ... I don't
23 > have them in my config (although my setup is now completely different
24 > from yours ... anyway).
25
26 I emerged it and want to use it to boot with systemd.
30 * Do you have systemd now installed in the default location?
31
32 Yes.
35 > * global USE-flag "systemd" set? and recompiled stuff ... ?
36
37 Yes.
40 > * grub-2, right?
41
42 Nope, lilo.
45 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
46 How do
47 you spend it?
48
49 John Covici