From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound problems on catherine.espersunited.com
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 19:21:09
1 On Tuesday 02 May 2006 2:47 am, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > The sound stopped working on my wife's computer about a week ago. I've
3 > run every test I can think of and can't seem to track the problem
4 > down. /etc/init.d/alsasound starts up fine. I can run alsamixer on her
5 > computer just fine (on my computer, when ALSA isn't working I can't open
6 > alsamixer); she has the volume control applet running on her panel, but
7 > there simply is no sound.
8
9 Its probably a bit off, but do you have a cat? Some get their whiskers in a
10 twist about the nice clean continuous line that forms cabling. Check that any
11 speaker cables and the plug in back of your comp hasn't been left dangling in
12 the wind...