From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: 4 machines - no /dev/cdrom or /dev/dvd anymore
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:33:38
1 On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > I have a better question. Why is a 82 year old woman using Gentoo? If
4 > she installed Gentoo, updated Gentoo then she must be able to do
5 > something with Gentoo, right?
6 >
7 > Dale
10 Sorry for this Dale, but if this list gets to the end of the year and
11 finds a less well thought out question than the one you just asked
12 then I'll be surprised. Unfortunately I won't be here to read it if it
13 comes along.
14
15 To answer your question Dale, that 82 year old woman uses Gentoo
16 because it's what I put on her laptop. It's the perfect OS for someone
17 who does limited web browsing & browser-based email. (GMail/Hotmail)
18
19 With that I bid this list goodbye. I made it almost 10 years on the
20 list, and have run Gentoo almost exclusively for longer than that.
21 Yeah, I've loaded and tried other distros along the way, Fedora,
22 Funtoo are the two I remember, but none have compared. This list has
23 helped me to no end and I thank everyone for that.
24
25 Should anyone want to get in touch please do. (FirstLast@gmail)
26
27 Cheers & goodbye,