From: Roman Zilka <rzilka@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems after long-due emerge -uDN world
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:16:11
1 > First, my alt key seems not to work properly. It works fine in regular
2 > programs (e.g. alt-f in firefox pulls down the file menu properly),
3 > but not for wm or X-related things. For example, I can no longer use
4 > ctrl-alt-fx to change to a VT from with X. Control-alt-backspace
5 > _does_ work, and I can switch to a VT if I do it quick before before
6 > it finishes restarting, at which point the shortcut works fine until I
7 > get back into the X display. With my wm (xfwm), the keyboard shortcut
8 > settings program will detect the alt key fine when I'm setting
9 > shortcuts, but any shortcut involving alt will not work when I
10 > actually try to use it. The normal alt-drag to move windows and such
11 > doesn't work either.
12
13 This is caused by the new xkeyboard-config. Downgrading should help. The
14 bug has been already filed through both Gentoo and freedesktop.org
15 bugzillas.
16
17 Regards
18 -Roman Zilka