From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID6 for / ?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 23:10:50
1 On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 14:47:26 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2
3 > > Since / only needs about 200MB, space isn't really an issue, and RAID1
4 > > gives the highest redundancy. The main reason I don't put / on a
5 > > higher RAID level is that it adds the complication of another
6 > > filesystem and partition on each drive. / + one LVM keeps it nice and
7 > > simple.
8 >
9 > OK, I see your point. My / is usually bigger, it seems that you use
10 > other/more separate partitions/LVs for stuff like /var etc.
11
12 Of course. If you're going to use LVM, you may as well put everything on
13 it.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 With 7 billion people on earth chances are slim it will ever be *your*
20 day.