From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] anyone using postfix 3.0.0
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 02:34:22
1 On Wed, Mar 25 2015, Wolfgang Mueller wrote:
2
3 >> Is anyone running it? I built it on a test machine but it doesn't seem
4 >> to work. However, I don't use that machine much (and never for mail)
5 >> so it is very possibly mis-configured for mail. Before I build the
6 >> new postscript for my real machine I would like to hear that those
7 >> postscript users on this list are not having problems.
8 >
9 > I updated to postfix 3.0 three hours ago on my production server - no
10 > problems whatsoever. No changes to main.cf or any other configuration
11 > file are needed (you may want to add `compatibility_level = x' as per:
12 > http://www.postfix.org/COMPATIBILITY_README.html, though).
13 >
14 > For changes, see
15 > http://www.postfix.org/announcements/postfix-3.0.0.html
16
17 I think I see.
18 After I upgrade and do nothing I will be running in backwards
19 compatibility "mode".
20 Then I run for a while, check the logs and issue the appropriate
21 postconf commands.
22
23 Not so clear is when do you turn off backwards compatibility (i.e. set
24 the level). Does postfix determine the level right away or should I let
25 it run for a few weeks so it sees a lot of mail?
26
27 thanks,
28 allan