From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: how thorough is #emerge --sync?
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 06:35:58
1 Darren Kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>:
2
3 > Quoth the Alexander Skwar
4 >> · maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>:
5 >> >>digg2ogg
6 >> >
7 >> > should be dir2ogg
8 >>
9 >> 0.8 is the latest stable version. Why do you think, that a different
10 >> version should be offered, when you "emerge dir2ogg"?
11 >
12 > Well, I'm the upstream author, and _I_ think there should be different (ie:
13 > newer) version offered. Good enough?
14
15 No, not good enough, as that doesn't matter at all. All that matters is,
16 what's in the tree. And the latest stable version is 0.8, no matter what
17 you think. The question remains: Why should a different version be offered?
18
19 Alexander Skwar
20 --
21 A closed mouth gathers no foot.