From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ARGH I uninstalled python
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 11:11:18
1 Arttu V. wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 > > You may want to look into that setting for next time. I did however
4 > > notice that although python is in the system set, it is not saving a
5 > > copy for some reason. Anybody know why this setting is not working?
6 > >
7 > > FEATURES="--keep-going buildsyspkg sandbox fixpackages"
8 > >
9 > > Is the buildsyspkg option not valid anymore?
10 >
11 > http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/profiles/base/packages?r1=1.40&r2=1.41
14 > Python appears to be gone from the base system? Or maybe I'm looking
15 > at the wrong file? Anyway, 'emerge -pv @system | grep python' would
16 > seem to agree here.
17 >
18 > Now I don't have a PhD in Gentoo Package Manglement (barely passed the
19 > kindergarten level so far?), but that commit looks rather unsettling
20 > for other parts as well. Are the devs switching over to paludis in
21 > droves? Or why is sys-apps/portage commented out as well? Why is it
22 > replaced by the hard-coded ("old-style"?) virtual/portage?
25 This is what I get with this command:
26
27 root@smoker / # emerge -ep system | grep python
28 [ebuild R ] app-admin/python-updater-0.5
29 [ebuild R ] dev-lang/python-2.5.4-r2
30 root@smoker / #
31
32 So python is there if you do it emptytree. I still don't have a binary
33 of this in packages/All tho. Also, since portage has to have python,
34 why is it not saving this? I put that line in make.conf just in case I
35 do something like the OP did by mistake. It appears that this isn't
36 working.
37
38 Ideas? This a bug?
39