From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Razr(Alltel) looking for an interface program
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 20:48:06
1 On 6/1/07, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Mark Shields <laebshade <at> gmail.com> writes:
6 > > Have you bothered to look at the app-mobilephone/kmobiletools website,
7 > > http://www.kmobiletools.org ? It states that it supports the RAZR v3x
8 > series.
11 > Yes, I installed version '0.4.3.3'
12 > But could not get the usb configured. The only doc I found was
13 > /usr/share/doc/kmobiletools-0.4.3.3/README.bz2'
14 > It refers to an INSTALL doc, but I could not find it anywhere
15 > [slocate find]......
18 > I also could not get a newer (masked) version of kmobiletools to
19 > install. I did all of this after the initial post.
20 >
21 > lsusb show the phone:
22 > Bus 004 Device 004: ID 22b8:2a62 Motorola PCS
25 > ideas on getting kmobile-0.5_beta2 to install?
26 >
27 > other ideas?
28 >
29 > James
32 > --
33 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
36 I don't have access to a Gentoo box with X installed, so I can't test it
37 right now, but some phone providers lock their phones (most notably Verizon
38 and Cingular). It's possible your phone may be locked from responding to
39 USB communication. Have you ever used it with the Motorola Phone Tools in
40 Windows?
43 - Mark Shields