From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.0 and oldconfig
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 11:22:06
1 On Saturday, July 23 at 05:33 (-0500), Dale said:
2
3 > But sometimes major changes can fix things and do things completely
4 > different which can lead to other issues being fixed. Seamonkey did
5 > the
6 > same when they did their major redo.
7 >
8 > Bad thing is, the kernel panics are at it again. I had a little bit
9 > of
10 > time to download a video or two but here we go again.
11 >
12 > Back to the normal reboots I guess. :-(
13 >
14 Yeah but typically.. or maybe my experience is completely different than
15 most, but typically major releases center on new features and not fixing
16 bugs, and major releases tend to create a whole lot more new bugs than
17 fixes (which is why many people hold out for for <major_release>.1) :P
18
19 Anyway, here's something... did you actually report a bug? If a tree
20 falls in the forest...