From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New gentoo installation fails when trying to install syslog-ng
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 07:49:43
1 On Sep 15, 2011 2:32 PM, "Trifu Catalin Florin" <sviatovigt@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > It seams that the discussion degenerated on how to send emails... Can
5 anyone please help regarding my problem?
6 > It seems that indeed I have an old kernel version, but how is that
7 possible taking into consideration that I have used genkernel?
8 > How can I upgrade it?
12 First, make sure you have emerged the kernel's sources.
13
14 Second, check that the newer sources have been selected: 'eselect kernel
15 list' followed by 'eselect kernel set'.
16
17 Build the kernel, either using genkernel or make triumvirate (make
18 menuconfig && make && make modules_install)
19
20 Install the new kernel in /boot.
21
22 Reboot.
23
24 Warning: packages that build their own kernel modules, e.g., xtables-addons,
25 must be re-emerged prior to rebooting.
26
27 Rgds,