From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] app-admin/mcelog daily cronjob?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:16:17
1 On Thu, 17 April 2014, at 9:49 am, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >> ...
3 >> So I guess my question is: is this a bug with the app-admin/mcelog
4 >> package?
5 >
6 > I don't think so. If the running via cron is possible but deprecated,
7 > proving a cron script with execute permissions disabled seems a sensible
8 > way of covering both options.
9
10 If this is the cause I would assume that everybody would be seeing the same error message.
11
12 I'm pretty sure a cron USE flag is in use elsewhere, I think it would be better to have an option to install the package without the cron script, rather than having to delete it manually each time one upgrades the package.
13
14 USE=-cron will persist throughout updates, if it's set in make.conf or package.use.
15
16 > As mcelog is not critical, why not try unmerging it for a couple of days
17 > to see whether the messages disappear?
18
19 Will do.
20
21 Stroller.