From: Dave Oxley <dave@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network collisions
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:05:39
1 Hi Mark,
2
3 Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I had already tried power cycling
4 my hub and it made no difference.
5
6 Cheers,
7 Dave.
8
9 Mark Knecht wrote:
10
11 >On 10/3/05, Dave Oxley <dave@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
14 >>Hi all,
15 >>
16 >>I have two Gentoo machines (specified as Server and Client for ease).
17 >>The server networking is working fine, but the client cannot receive
18 >>without lots of collisions. The speeds I get are:
19 >>Server -> Client (i.e. receive) 170.3Kb/sec
20 >>Client -> Server (i.e. transmit) 7.383Mb/sec
21 >>The cards of both machines are running half duplex. If I try to force
22 >>them to full duplex with (ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg
23 >>off) then all I get is errors in ifconfig. The module used for
24 >>networking on the client is 8139too. Can anybody help me with this?
29 >I just recently had a problem like this. In my case the switch
30 >everything was plugged into got in some strange state and power
31 >cycling the switch fixed the problem.
32 >
33 >Hope this helps,
34 >Mark
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list