From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network collisions
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:20:40
1 Dave Oxley wrote:
2 > Hi Mark,
3 >
4 > Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I had already tried power cycling
5 > my hub and it made no difference.
8 Hubs only support half-duplex which pretty much guarantees collisions.
9 Is it really a hub or are you just referring to yous switch as a hub?
10
11 Assuming you have a switch I'd attempt to set full duplex without
12 turning autoneg off... that sometimes helps. You might also try emerging
13 the unstable ethtool3 as it supports more cards then the default
14 ethtool2 and has some bug fixes. Some cards work better with mii-diag so
15 you might try that as well.
16
17 kashani
18 --