From: Fernando Meira <fmeira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to control portage space usage
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 22:53:40
1 Hi Tero,
2 what I meant with "redo my partitions" was in the way that I will expand my
3 gentoo partition (or try to).
4 I have:
5 # df -h
6 Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
7 /dev/hda4 4.6G 3.8G 803M 83% /
8 udev 252M 808K 252M 1% /dev
9 /dev/hda5 23G 20G 3.3G 86% /mnt/share
10 /dev/hda1 9.8G 8.0G 1.8G 82% /mnt/windows
11 none 252M 0 252M 0% /dev/shm
14 - erase hda1 (win$) and merge with with hda4.
15 - somehow rearrange hda5 (which is FAT) and split it 2, and merge a part to
16 hda4.
17
18 what are the advantages of pointing PORTAGE_TMPDIR and DISTDIR to other
19 partitions?
20
21 thanks for the localepurge tip:
22 - Total disk space freed by localepurge: 48448K (not bad ;)
23
24 Cheers,
25 Fernando
26