From: Tero Grundstrm <tero@××××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to control portage space usage
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 22:29:03
1 On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, Fernando Meira wrote:
2
3 > I could then end my emerge (eclipse). After the emerge I end-up with
4 > 805Mb free.
5 >
6 > In fact, I have a 38GB disk on my laptop. My mistake was that I assumed that
7 > gentoo was not so space-consuming. Now I'll have to make some modifications,
8 > redo my partitions.
9
10 805Mb is not much but re-partitioning might not be the only answer if most
11 of your system is installed already.
12
13 Look for PORTAGE_TMPDIR and DISTDIR in your /etc/make.conf. Point them
14 to directories that are on a different partition. You can do the same for
15 your PORTDIR (resync and delete the old tree after this).
16
17 app-admin/localepurge can also save you some space.
18
19 HTH
20 --
21 T.G.