From: Fernando Meira <fmeira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to control portage space usage
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 21:42:35
1 Ok, so running through that forum I decided to try out some of the scripts
2 to clean stale distfiles.
3 The first one (distcleaner-0.0.2) returned a lot of errors. The second (
4 distmaint.py) was too weird. Finally, (distclean.sh) seemed to be ok, and
5 freed 255 MB. I could then end my emerge (eclipse). After the emerge I
6 end-up with 805Mb free.
7
8 As you say Holly, this is far from enough if I want to compile something big
9 and also maybe for smaller apps. Which means that I have a problem.
10 In fact, I have a 38GB disk on my laptop. My mistake was that I assumed that
11 gentoo was not so space-consuming. Now I'll have to make some modifications,
12 redo my partitions. What I would like was to clean once per all my windoz
13 partition (9GB)... but from time to time I need it.. unless I find a
14 replacement to all the things I need from there.
15
16 Anyway, thanks for the replies.
17 If someone has a nice script to maintain distfiles under control let me
18 know. ;)
19
20 Cheers,
21 Fernando.