From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Any experience with swapfiles?
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 21:52:22
1 On 05/02/2012 01:58 PM, Simon wrote:
2
3 <excellent help snipped for brevity>
4
5 > Except for issue pointed out by Paul about hibernation
6
7 That's an interesting point, and the reason for the problem is definitely
8 not obvious to me. Anyone know the technical details?
9
10 > As for security, having a swap is less
11 > secure than having none: a malicious persion could extract
12 > information from programs memory which was swapped
13
14 BTW, man mkswap says nothing about proper file permissions for a swapfile.
15 I'm guessing that only root should be able to read the file?