From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel options and udisk
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 15:11:58
1 Am Mittwoch, 19. September 2012, 16:18:34 schrieb Dale:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > Am Mittwoch, 19. September 2012, 01:51:49 schrieb Dale:
4 > >> Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
5 > >>> On 09/18/2012 11:03 PM, Dale wrote:
6 > >>> And every day I hear about them finding more oil and gas that they
7 > >>> didn't know was there before.
8 > >
9 > > I am sure everybody would love to hear about those findings. Especially
10 > > the
11 > > CEO's of BP, Shell etc.
12 >
13 > Actually, the former CEO of Shell was on Fox Business not long ago
14 > talking about some HUGE finds. He said that we, the USA, are sitting on
15 > some of the largest oil fields. Here is one article I found but not
16 > sure this is the same one the Shell guy was talking about since this
17 > article is a few months old.
18 >
19 > http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/story/2012-05-15/1A-COV-ENER
20 > GY-INDEPENDENCE/54977254/1
21 >
22 > Quoting from that:
23 >
24 > "It's no pipe dream. The U.S. is already the world's fastest-growing oil
25 > and natural gas producer. Counting the output from Canada and Mexico,
26 > North America
27 > <http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Places,+Geography/Regions/North+Am
28 > erica> is "the new Middle East," Citigroup analysts declare in a recent
29 > report."
30 >
31 > Note it said fastest growing producer. You have to find it and be able
32 > to get it up before you can produce it. Yea, one day we will run out
33 > but that's a good long ways off. We could get hit by some asteroid or
34 > something that just completely destroys the planet and everything on it,
35 > including all that oil and gas that people want to save up on.
36 >
37 > Have you heard about the new wells being drilled in North Dakota by any
38 > chance? They are drilling for oil like crazy up there. That is just
39 > one that I recall seeing on the news a good bit recently. There are
40 > plenty of other finds.
41
42 I also heard about gas in drinking water thanks to fracking. Do oil companies
43 drilling in deep water because it is cheap, save and fun? Or do they want to
44 go and drill in the Arktis because it is so lovely there? Hardly. There is a
45 difference between 'something is there' and 'the prize and risk are worth it'.
46 Do you remember that Gulf incident? BP surely hopes not. You should get used
47 to it.
48
49 and here:
50 http://oilsandstruth.org/world-running-out-oil-says-exceo
54 > > Fact is, we are running out. The stuff that is found is either very hard
55 > > to get - or not very much. Oh, and very little to start with. Consider
56 > > current consumption.
57 >
58 > Fact is, the same could be said for the Sun too. Science already says
59 > it will run out of fuel one day.
60
61 And now you went full stupid. There is a difference between 'a couple of
62 decades' and '4 billion years'. But thanks for posting. That said a lot about
63 you. I don't even care about the rest of your posting. This is plonk worthy
64 stupid. So I stop right there, I don't want to get any of that.
67 #163933