From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel options and udisk
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 19:17:57
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > Am Mittwoch, 19. September 2012, 16:18:34 schrieb Dale:
3 >> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 >>> Am Mittwoch, 19. September 2012, 01:51:49 schrieb Dale:
5 >>>> Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
6 >>>>> On 09/18/2012 11:03 PM, Dale wrote:
7 >>>>> And every day I hear about them finding more oil and gas that they
8 >>>>> didn't know was there before.
9 >>> I am sure everybody would love to hear about those findings. Especially
10 >>> the
11 >>> CEO's of BP, Shell etc.
12 >> Actually, the former CEO of Shell was on Fox Business not long ago
13 >> talking about some HUGE finds. He said that we, the USA, are sitting on
14 >> some of the largest oil fields. Here is one article I found but not
15 >> sure this is the same one the Shell guy was talking about since this
16 >> article is a few months old.
17 >>
18 >> http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/story/2012-05-15/1A-COV-ENER
19 >> GY-INDEPENDENCE/54977254/1
20 >>
21 >> Quoting from that:
22 >>
23 >> "It's no pipe dream. The U.S. is already the world's fastest-growing oil
24 >> and natural gas producer. Counting the output from Canada and Mexico,
25 >> North America
26 >> <http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Places,+Geography/Regions/North+Am
27 >> erica> is "the new Middle East," Citigroup analysts declare in a recent
28 >> report."
29 >>
30 >> Note it said fastest growing producer. You have to find it and be able
31 >> to get it up before you can produce it. Yea, one day we will run out
32 >> but that's a good long ways off. We could get hit by some asteroid or
33 >> something that just completely destroys the planet and everything on it,
34 >> including all that oil and gas that people want to save up on.
35 >>
36 >> Have you heard about the new wells being drilled in North Dakota by any
37 >> chance? They are drilling for oil like crazy up there. That is just
38 >> one that I recall seeing on the news a good bit recently. There are
39 >> plenty of other finds.
40 > I also heard about gas in drinking water thanks to fracking. Do oil companies
41 > drilling in deep water because it is cheap, save and fun? Or do they want to
42 > go and drill in the Arktis because it is so lovely there? Hardly. There is a
43 > difference between 'something is there' and 'the prize and risk are worth it'.
44 > Do you remember that Gulf incident? BP surely hopes not. You should get used
45 > to it.
46 >
47 > and here:
48 > http://oilsandstruth.org/world-running-out-oil-says-exceo
51 I also remember the people that died trying to go to the moon but we did
52 it anyway. I have heard a lot of people talking about fracking and all
53 sort of myths about it. I have not seen proof that is in drinking
54 water. Even so, I have a well that we drove here and we drank off it
55 for years. It has a HUGE iron count and turns white clothes orange.
56 There is always something in water. It's just what water does. That is
57 why it gets filtered before it is used for drinking. By the way,
58 fracking has been around for something like 60 years. Not all the oil
59 that has been found recently requires fracking either. So, don't just
60 point to fracking and then claim that all oil is bad.
61
62 The website you linked to is against oil from my google search. It
63 would be like quoting Al Gore for global warming, climate change or
64 whatever they call it this week.
65
66 >>> Fact is, we are running out. The stuff that is found is either very hard
67 >>> to get - or not very much. Oh, and very little to start with. Consider
68 >>> current consumption.
69 >> Fact is, the same could be said for the Sun too. Science already says
70 >> it will run out of fuel one day.
71 > And now you went full stupid. There is a difference between 'a couple of
72 > decades' and '4 billion years'. But thanks for posting. That said a lot about
73 > you. I don't even care about the rest of your posting. This is plonk worthy
74 > stupid. So I stop right there, I don't want to get any of that.
77 Care to explain away that we could get hit my some asteroid too?
78 Yellowstone could erupt again and kill us all. Better get your "I'm
79 scared of everything" hat on.
80
81 Who knows it is a couple decades? That was the thinking years ago
82 BEFORE finding all the new reserves of gas and oil.
83
84 Careful calling someone stupid. It could come back and name calling on
85 the list is not a good thing. You should know better.
86
87 Dale
88
92 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!