From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Alt+Fn switch console from within X11 session
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 19:10:21
1 Am Wed, 21 Sep 2016 10:08:31 +0100
2 schrieb Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>:
3
4 > On Wednesday 21 Sep 2016 06:08:38 Kai Krakow wrote:
5 >
6 > > I upgraded xorg to 1.18 and during that process also enabled
7 > > USE=wayland. However, I don't run a wayland session (this actually
8 > > doesn't seem to work with nvidia). I use sddm as the login manager,
9 > > and I'm running latest plasma 5.7. The system is booted with
10 > > systemd.
11 > >
12 > > I just came accross the following phenomenon: Hitting Alt+F2 should
13 > > bring up krunner but instead now it switches to console 2. This was
14 > > previously only possible with Ctrl+Alt+F2.
15 >
16 > I'm on xorg 1.18.4 and plasma-meta 5.7.5 but no wayland, and Alt-F2
17 > works as it should. No systemd here though.
18 >
19 > Sorry I can't help, other than suggesting the keyboard shortcuts
20 > control panel, which I'm sure you'll already have checked.
21
22 I found that I should put "-keeptty" to the startup options of xorg in
23 sddm.conf (by looking at Xorg.0.log). It looks like this was changed by
24 either Gentoo or Xorg/SDDM/Plasma maintainers due to an incompatibility
25 to systems not using systemd.
26
27 After reboot it worked as intended.
28
29 With this option enabled on non-systemd systems, this leaves you with
30 an unusable box in case Xorg doesn't start because the tty will
31 then be blocked - leaving you with only the options: hard-reboot or
32 ssh into the box.
35 Regards,
36 Kai
37