From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Localmount starts before LVM
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:50:51
1 On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:28:37 +0530
2 Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > "I have these disks, use 'em. When I've figured out the actual
5 > > quotas and sizes I need, I'll let you know. Meanwhile just get on
6 > > with it and store my stuff in some reasonable fashion, 'mkay?
7 > > kthankxbye! I have real work to do."
8 > >
9 > > :-)
13 > Exactly the reason why I wanted RAID0 and LVM in combination: more
14 > IOPS. ZFS looks very interesting, how stable is it?
17 On Linux, not at all (it doesn't exist there except using fuse)
18
19 On FreeBSD, rock solid.
20 On Solaris, rock solid.
21
22 It almost seems to be everything btrfs is not...
25 Alan McKinnon
26 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com