From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Photo management programs
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:11:52
1 On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Michael Mol wrote:
3 >
4 >> Based on this and other posts in the thread, I'll probably give
5 >> digikam a try. I did want to clarify one point, though: I don't
6 >> connect the camera to the computer; I put the SD card into a card
7 >> reader, and copy from there.
11 > It is a nice program and I'm pretty sure it allows you to download from
12 > your card too.  I'm not sure gtkam will allow downloads from the card so
13 > you are likely headed down the right road.
14
15 Well, I use scp to move the files from machines with with card readers
16 to the machines I do processing. If digikam has any kind of 'import'
17 support, that'd do it.
20 > Honestly, if digikam worked right with my camera, I'd use it in a heart
21 > beat.  I like it but I can't get my pics to show up right.  I can't
22 > figure out why tho.  Maybe I should try getting from the stick like you
23 > do?  Thing is, I leave my camera on the tri-pod about 90% of the time.
24 > The card is on the bottom of mine beside the battery.
25
26 Check out the Eye-Fi?
27
28 http://www.eye.fi/
29
30 When I first heard about it, someone had just gotten a receiving
31 daemon written in Python to work with it.
34 :wq