From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Photo management programs
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:06:42
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 > Based on this and other posts in the thread, I'll probably give
4 > digikam a try. I did want to clarify one point, though: I don't
5 > connect the camera to the computer; I put the SD card into a card
6 > reader, and copy from there.
10 It is a nice program and I'm pretty sure it allows you to download from
11 your card too. I'm not sure gtkam will allow downloads from the card so
12 you are likely headed down the right road.
13
14 Honestly, if digikam worked right with my camera, I'd use it in a heart
15 beat. I like it but I can't get my pics to show up right. I can't
16 figure out why tho. Maybe I should try getting from the stick like you
17 do? Thing is, I leave my camera on the tri-pod about 90% of the time.
18 The card is on the bottom of mine beside the battery.
19
20 Dale
21
25 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
26 how you interpreted my words!
27
28 Miss the compile output? Hint:
29 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"