From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xterm menu
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 17:29:09
1 On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 8:34 AM, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 12/18/2016 07:25 AM, Jorge Almeida wrote:
3 >>
4 >> The logs complain about helvetica, and I found similar stuff in the
5 >> net (not necessarilly about xterm). This appears to be a font problem,
6 >> which is essentially voodoo to me. xterm crashing instead of just
7 >> failing to bring up the menu seems to be an xterm bug indeed, but the
8 >> real problem is what to do to solve the missing fonts problem.
11 > Try installing liberation-fonts and enabling them with `eselect
12 > fontconfig`. I had all sorts of display problems with Helvetica in
13 > Firefox until I added that package.
14 >
15 Done. Still no joy.
16
17 Thanks