From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xterm menu
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 16:34:52
1 On 12/18/2016 07:25 AM, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 >
3 > The logs complain about helvetica, and I found similar stuff in the
4 > net (not necessarilly about xterm). This appears to be a font problem,
5 > which is essentially voodoo to me. xterm crashing instead of just
6 > failing to bring up the menu seems to be an xterm bug indeed, but the
7 > real problem is what to do to solve the missing fonts problem.
10 Try installing liberation-fonts and enabling them with `eselect
11 fontconfig`. I had all sorts of display problems with Helvetica in
12 Firefox until I added that package.
13
14 This doesn't explain why it needs it though.
15
16 Dan