From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot find entrance!
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 05:57:40
1 On Tuesday 18 May 2010 23:22:03 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > This is the first time I am dabbling with layman. So it is likely I have
4 > > made some noob mistake, which I hope you can help me discover.
5 > >
6 > > I have installed layman-1.3.3 and then added the enlightenment overlay.
7 > > I have also added the snapshot keywords for enlightenment:
8 > >
9 > > # ls -l /etc/portage/package.keywords/enlightenment.keywords
10 > > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 64 May 18 21:28
11 > > /etc/portage/package.keywords/enlightenment.keywords ->
12 > > /var/lib/layman/enlightenment/scripts/package.keywords.snapshots
13 > >
14 > > entrance is unmasked in there:
15 > >
16 > > # cat /etc/portage/package.keywords/enlightenment.keywords | grep
17 > > entrance x11-misc/entrance ~*
18 > >
19 > > However, although I can see enlightenment, I have no success with
20 > > entrance:
21 > >
22 > > # emerge -upDv entrance
23 > > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
24 > >
25 > > Calculating dependencies... done!
26 > >
27 > > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "entrance".
30 > > What am I missing? Please ask for supporting info as you need it.
31 >
32 > entrance no longer exists in the overlay, looks like it is gone for good:
33 >
34 > Changeset 372
35 >
36 > Timestamp:
37 > 02/28/10 14:01:41 (3 months ago)
38 > Author:
39 > tommy
40 > Message:
41 >
42 > x11-misc/ entrance: Remove entrance: old and unmaintained, there
43 > is currently a rewrite from scratch planned, but no ETA
44
45 :-(
46
47 So, no Display Manager for enlightenment? How do people start it up - it
48 seems odd to use e.g. the u xdm to do the job.
49
50 PS. Where did you find this note about entrance being deprecated Paul?
51 --
52 Regards,
53 Mick