From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: new linux router
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 17:02:10
1 Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev <at> laposte.net> writes:
4 > > > For the distribution, I'd recommend Alpine:
5 > > > http://www.alpinelinux.org/about
6
7 > Sorry, I can't. I don't have them anymore while I'm sure they are still
8 > used in production. It's something easy to do, though. The scripts
9 > themselves are distribution agnostic. E.g. my ipfilter service only
10 > used $IPTABLES. The only thing to update are the service files for
11 > openrc, systemd, upstart, whatever.
12
13 I've gone this route before. Sooner or later, I need something else
14 and then adding/customizing it is often very arduous.... Still Alpine is
15 interesting. Building a minimize Gentoo or embedded Gentoo is not
16 difficult either. Musl will be in the final mix, regardless of which
17 direction I go. Thanks for providing additional information for me to
18 ponder before choosing a new router.
21 Thanks,
22 James