From: lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why firefox is so slow?
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 23:16:08
1 On Sunday 30 April 2006 08:47 am, Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > wu chuanwen wrote:
3 > > 2006/4/30, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name
4 > > <mailto:listen@×××××××××××××××.name>>:
5 > >
6 > > Hm, those are not firefox USE flags. What do you get, when
7 > > you run
8 > >
9 > > emerge -vpt mozilla-firefox
12 > > I get this:
13 > > [ebuild U ] www-client/mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.2 [1.5.0.1-r4]
14 > > USE="gnome ipv6 -debug -java -mozdevelop -xinerama -xprint" 37 kB
15 >
16 > Do you really need ipv6? I doubt that this has anything to
17 > do with the problem at hand, but if you don't need it, you
18 > should remove it. If you don't know anything about ipv6,
19 > it's very probable that you don't need it.
20
21 IPV6 is a protocol that is (AFAIK) just a layer below TCP/IP. I wouldn't
22 remove it if I were you.
23
24 > To the others: Is ipv6 still one of the default flags? Has
25 > this bug still not been fixed?
26 >
27 > > Have you yet tried a blank profile?
28 > >
29 > > What do you mean?
30 >
31 > As I wrote:
32 >
33 > Try a blank Firefox profile. To create one, run "firefox -ProfileManager".
34
35 I don't see how that would help anything.
36
37 > > PS: Please no HTML. Makes your posts harder to read.
38 > >
39 > > Do you mean the link i gave in the mail before?Or another thing?
40 >
41 > I mean, that you compose your mails in gmail as HTML or
42 > rich text. This makes them bigger without adding any
43 > benefit to it - indeed, as you can see above, it makes
44 > it even worse, as there are no proper "> " quote marks
45 > before the quoted text.
46
47 Yes, it's very rude to send in anything other than plain-text. HTML is for
48 web sites, not email. RTF is for dorks with nothing better to do other than
49 format their text. There really isn't a need for it - if you have something
50 to say that can't be expressed in plain-text, it's probably too forceful for
51 public expression!
52
53 > Simply click on "plain text".
54
55 For GMail users that's just above the text area you write your messages in.
56
57 > Alexander Skwar
58 > --
59 > Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be prosecuted.
60
61 The one I heard was "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again."