From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Good Library Management software
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:06:14
1 Eric Martin wrote:
2 > Before I recreated the wheel, does anybody know of any good library
3 > management software (preferably in portage)? My wife and I are having
4 > a hard time keeping track of what books we have, and what books we are
5 > lending out to people so I figured this would be a good way to keep
6 > track. Since it's for personal use it doesn't have to be anything
7 > big. Preferably backended by MySQL as I already have a server running
8 > for MythTV and Amarok.
9 >
10 > I did a few eix searches for portage and came up empty handed, and
11 > sourceforge.net has a ton of stuff but I was wondering what other
12 > people use.
13
14 Have you heard of Tellico. It's a collection manager that can be used
15 for books, music, video ... whatever. It allows you to enter the name
16 of the book, a graphic if you have one, rate the book and indicate
17 whether or not it's a gift, how much you paid for it and if you have
18 lent it out. It *is* in Portage.
19
20 Some information:
21