From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user][SOLVED] dependancy xorg-server
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 21:38:21
1 On Sat, 7 Feb 2015 14:06:30 -0700, Joseph wrote:
2
3 > I'll try it next time. When I upgrade and have to scroll via 200+
4 > messages of emerge packages it is easy to not to notice about some
5 > critical information; in my case "grub" that was calling to run
6 > "grub-install" or the system will not boot. I wish the packages without
7 > any changes or warning wouldn't even show up after upgrade.
8
9 1) Don't leave it so long between upgrades.
10
11 2) Read man make.conf and /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example for
12 details of the ELOG_ settings to have warnings and info mailed to you.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Taglines are like cars - You get a good one, then someone nicks it.