From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with clipboard separation
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 01:26:25
1 hkml@×××××××××××.de writes:
2
3 > I have problems with my clipboard, that I never experienced with other
4 > Linux distributions: If I do 'mark text; Ctrl-c; mark different text;
5 > Ctrl-v' e.g. in Eclipse the second selection is not overwritten by the
6 > content of the first selection.
7 >
8 > It seems that the clipboard content is overwritten as soon as I mark
9 > text. This behaviour is not depending on the window manager/ desktop
10 > environment (I tried fvwm and kde), so it is probably some X
11 > configuration stuff. As far as I have understood, there are 2 different
12 > clipboards with one being changed as soon as you mark text (pasting at
13 > mouse-middle-click) and the other is changed by pressing Ctrl-c (pasting
14 > at Ctrl-v). Is that correct?
15 >
16 > If so, then it seems that for me mouse-selection and Ctrl-c write into
17 > the same buffer. Can anyone give me a hint, where to look for the
18 > possibility to change this behaviour?
19
20 Klipper (the KDE clipbboard) has a setting to keep the content of clipboard
21 and current selection separately. I thought this could only be used to
22 force the behaviour you experence, but maybe it works the other way around
23 for you and lets you disable it.
24
25 Wonko
26 --