From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ncurses: reductio ad absurdum
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 16:23:40
1 Emanuele Rusconi wrote:
2 > For anybody who thinks git is hard, I'll just leave here my own
3 > thoughts on the matter.
4 >
5 > As a user - not specifically a Gentoo user - I only need to know 3 commands:
6 >
7 > - git clone <URI>
8 > - git pull
9 > - tig
10 >
11 > That's it. Tig is in dev-vcs/tig, BTW, and it's really handy.
12 >
13 > When I experimented with managing my config files with git I did a lot
14 > of reading (I was new to VCS in general), and in the end I realized
15 > that, although git is really powerful and complex, for my needs I
16 > actually really needed to know just a handful of basic commands, and I
17 > could use tig and/or gitk for almost anything.
18 >
19 > -- Emanuele Rusconi
23 Pardon me. I just had to get up off the floor and return my tummy to
24 its previous and correct condition. I thought I would check out the git
25 man page and just sorta skim over it. The first thing I see is this:
26
27 NAME
28
29 git - the stupid content tracker
30
31 Now that is funny. ROFL Maybe there is hope for me yet. LOL
32
33 Dale
34