From: Emanuele Rusconi <emarsk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ncurses: reductio ad absurdum
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 15:53:41
1 For anybody who thinks git is hard, I'll just leave here my own
2 thoughts on the matter.
3
4 As a user - not specifically a Gentoo user - I only need to know 3 commands:
5
6 - git clone <URI>
7 - git pull
8 - tig
9
10 That's it. Tig is in dev-vcs/tig, BTW, and it's really handy.
11
12 When I experimented with managing my config files with git I did a lot
13 of reading (I was new to VCS in general), and in the end I realized
14 that, although git is really powerful and complex, for my needs I
15 actually really needed to know just a handful of basic commands, and I
16 could use tig and/or gitk for almost anything.
17
18 -- Emanuele Rusconi