From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No sound. Please, help!
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 08:50:18
1 пн, 19 окт. 2020 г. в 02:18, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > On the modules or in kernel, I compile all mine in the kernel. The only
4 > modules I have is my nvidia video drivers. There's pro's and con's to
5 > each so whatever works and you like.
6
7 I actually asked a question not about the choice between "in kernel"
8 or "as a module" but about "to build or not to build" at all. :)
9
10 So, once more: Is it better to compile the driver for my HDMI audio
11 device or not, if I am not going to use HDMI audio output?
12
13 > Glad it's working now. I need a shower. I been cutting down trees and
14 > dragging them to a pile to rot or burn. I'm tired, I stink which
15 > requires a shower and I'm hungry. Cutting and getting rid of a 24 inch
16 > across tree isn't easy when you have a 20 inch bar on the chainsaw. :/
17
18 Thank you once more. And you should not rush to answer: my initial
19 intention was to finally solve this problem till the end of this
20 month, and now it is solved during only one weekend. :)