From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Akregator.
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 23:37:13
1 On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 10:37:25 -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:
2
3 > >> What is the exact line I need to add to the pile of hacks, and
4 > >> workarounds in that file?
5
6 If the fie is full of hacks and workarounds, you are problably doing
7 something wrong.
8
9 > > kde-base/baloo minimal
10
11 > I treat package.use as a last resort because, over the long haul it
12 > tends to fuck things up and is difficult to maintain. Whenever possible,
13 > I solve all issues with ufed.
14
15 It's a file or directory, it does not f*** things up, that's your job as
16 administrator.
17
18 > I didn't think it was possible to set a package like that, I thought it
19 > had to be something stupid like:
20 >
21 > >=kde-base/baloo-1.0
22
23 Then you haven't done much manual reading in the last ten years.
24
25 > or something, which I think it had to be at one point in time. or
26 > something to target the kde4 version and not the kde 5 version, or some
27 > other ninjitsu.
28
29 If you had read the error message properly, you would see that is not
30 necessary as the two conflicting version of baloo are in different
31 categories. Perhaps you should put down your rant-pen for a few minutes
32 and spend the time on something constructive, like reading the Gentoo
33 handbook or man pages.
37 Neil Bothwick
38
39 Be regular. Eat cron flakes.