From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:08:02
1 On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:00:06 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > K3b is running mkisofs and growisofs at the same time, hence the
4 > > mixed up debug output making it hard to see where the error is coming
5 > > from. Take the media, drive and growisofs out of the equation by
6 > > getting K3b to create an ISO image instead. If that works, write the
7 > > image to disc with
8 > >
9 > > growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=/path/to/file.iso
10 > >
11 > > At least you'll have a better idea where the problem lies.
15 > Could I just get rid of one of the programs or are they all part of the
16 > same package? I suspect a mismatch of package versions which is why I
17 > went unstable with k3b and cdrtools.
18 >
19 > It is odd that it is trying to run two programs at the same time tho.
20
21 Not really, mkisofs is creating the ISO data and growisofs is writing it
22 to the disc. Basically, the output of mkisofs is piped through growisofs
23 to the disc. The alternative is to write an ISO image file and then burn
24 it to disc, which is slower but what I suggested to see where the problem
25 lies.
29 Neil Bothwick
30
31 why do kamikazee pilots wear helmets?