From: Daniel D Jones <ddjones@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Graphviz needs libjpeg.la
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 17:04:34
1 media-gfx/graphviz-2.26.3-r2 fails to compile because:
2
3 grep: /usr/lib/libjpeg.la: No such file or directory
6 The file does not exist. /usr/lib has the following files:
7
8 libjpeg.a
9 libjpeg.so -> libjpeg.so.8.0.2
10 libjpeg.so.62
11 libjpeg.so.8 -> libjpeg.so.8.0.2
12 libjpeg.so.8.0.2
13
14 I've reemerged jpeg, run revdep-rebuild, etc. I've scoured the web and found
15 a number of issues and bugs related to the libjpeg.la file but none of them
16 offer a solution which works for me. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
19 "[The] common men-in-the-street and women-in-the-street ... have as great a
20 hate and contempt of sex as the greyest Puritan ... They insist that a film-
21 heroine shall be a neuter, that real sex feelings shall only be shown by the
22 villain or villainess." - D.H. Lawrence