From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Another USE question
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 08:30:24
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Mittwoch 27 Mai 2009, Stroller wrote:
3 >> On 27 May 2009, at 00:33, Keith Dart wrote:
4 >>>>> ...
5 >>>>> USE_FOO="this n that"
6 >>>>> USE_BAR="some more flags"
7 >>>>> BLAH="whatever else there might be"
8 >>>>>
9 >>>>> USE="${USE_FOO} ${USE_BAR} ${BLAH}
10 >>>> Thank's. That is exactly what I was looking for.
11 >>> But that will likely break, or render useless, the ufed tool.
12 >>>
13 >>> If you don't use that, you probably should.
14 >> I'm really unconvinced by ufed.
15 >>
16 >> In a standard terminal window, 80 characters wide, the descriptions
17 >> are too long and instead of wrapping around to the next line they fall
18 >> off the end of the screen and you can't read them. Sure, I can resize
19 >> the terminal window, but I don't want to have to do that manually each
20 >> time I run ufed, then resize it back to my usual size again
21 >> afterwards. ufed is about the only program I've used which doesn't
22 >> seem right in my "standard" terminal window size of 50 rows x 80
23 >> columns.
24 >
25 > or you can, you know, scroll it.
26 > Protip: arrow keys, left, right.
27
28 Nah, that just doesn't cut it. It's annoying as hell. It's far less
29 annoying to simply "equery uses" on the USE flags you see during an
30 "emerge -a" and edit make.conf by hand instead of doing the
31 scroll-circus. You try to read text by constantly scrolling right and
32 left. It doesn't work for me, and probably for the majority of others
33 neither.