From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/portage/patches
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 09:45:36
1 On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 at 11:28, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > It does it every time here. It did it just the other day. In the error
3 > emerge spits out, it even says something about permissions and that's
4 > when I remember to go change it. After that, it works fine. Maybe it
5 > is not world readable or something. I dunno. I just know I have to
6 > change it before it works. Now that I think about it, it started doing
7 > that when I began using Krusader as my file manager. Maybe it is
8 > something to do with that. I don't recall any of the other portage
9 > files needing that.
10
11 Maybe your default umask has changed, or Krusader has its own default.
12 Just type umask in a terminal to see what it's set to.
13
14 Cheers,
15 Arve