From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/portage/patches
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 09:28:53
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 03:36:42 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I've used it a few times myself and it does work well.  The only thing I
5 >> seem to always forget, until emerge pukes on my keyboard and reminds me,
6 >> file permissions need to be portage:portage.  When I create the patch
7 >> file, it is set to root:root and I always forget to change it.
8 > Really? All my patch files are owned by either root or my normal user.
9 > As long as they are world-readable, portage hasn't complained yet.
14 It does it every time here.  It did it just the other day.  In the error
15 emerge spits out, it even says something about permissions and that's
16 when I remember to go change it.  After that, it works fine.  Maybe it
17 is not world readable or something.  I dunno.  I just know I have to
18 change it before it works.  Now that I think about it, it started doing
19 that when I began using Krusader as my file manager.  Maybe it is
20 something to do with that.  I don't recall any of the other portage
21 files needing that.
22
23 Dale
24