From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/portage/patches
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 09:21:29
1 On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 03:36:42 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I've used it a few times myself and it does work well.  The only thing I
4 > seem to always forget, until emerge pukes on my keyboard and reminds me,
5 > file permissions need to be portage:portage.  When I create the patch
6 > file, it is set to root:root and I always forget to change it.
7
8 Really? All my patch files are owned by either root or my normal user.
9 As long as they are world-readable, portage hasn't complained yet.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 The cow is nothing but a machine which makes grass fit for us people to eat.