From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Leery of Gnome dependencies for Openoffice
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:14:12
1 > I'd very much like to run the regular build procedures, but am quite
2 > worried about what the pulling in of Gnome dependencies will do do my
3 > stable KDE system. About six months ago I installed whatever version of
4 > the Gnome desktop that was stable then, but ended up spending 3 or 4
5 > days trying to remove all remnants of it after I decided that I didn't
6 > really like it that well.
7 >
8 > Am I being overly concerned here, or are that legitimate problems I may
9 > encounter?
10
11 I don't know what do you mean. Why should installing Gnome dependencies
12 make your KDE desktop unstable?
13
14 By the way,I didn't know OO.org 2.0 needs Gnome... why? And can putting
15 a USE="-gnome" flag help?
16
17 m.
18 --