From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Leery of Gnome dependencies for Openoffice
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:39:44
1 Good morning all,
2
3 I've been running the binary versions of oo for about three months now,
4 while waiting for v2.0 to become stable. It looks pretty close to me.
5 I'd very much like to run the regular build procedures, but am quite
6 worried about what the pulling in of Gnome dependencies will do do my
7 stable KDE system. About six months ago I installed whatever version of
8 the Gnome desktop that was stable then, but ended up spending 3 or 4
9 days trying to remove all remnants of it after I decided that I didn't
10 really like it that well.
11
12 Am I being overly concerned here, or are that legitimate problems I may
13 encounter?
14
15 Thanks,
16 John