From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Leery of Gnome dependencies for Openoffice
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:34:19
1 b.n. wrote:
2
3 >> I'd very much like to run the regular build procedures, but am quite
4 >> worried about what the pulling in of Gnome dependencies will do do my
5 >> stable KDE system. About six months ago I installed whatever version of
6 >> the Gnome desktop that was stable then, but ended up spending 3 or 4
7 >> days trying to remove all remnants of it after I decided that I didn't
8 >> really like it that well.
9 >>
10 >> Am I being overly concerned here, or are that legitimate problems I may
11 >> encounter?
14 > I don't know what do you mean. Why should installing Gnome
15 > dependencies make your KDE desktop unstable?
16 >
17 > By the way,I didn't know OO.org 2.0 needs Gnome... why? And can
18 > putting a USE="-gnome" flag help?
21 OOo2 can render itself using native Gnome, KDE, or its own internal
22 widget library. If compiled with support for both, it will detect if it
23 is running under KDE or Gnome at startup, and load the appropriate
24 library for rendering. Personally, I think it is a damn cool feature!
25
26 -Richard
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list