From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox-10.0.1 fails to compile on x86
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 22:44:57
1 On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Actually, why is it that upstream does not provide 64bit binaries? (It
3 > always bothers me to see my wife's Windows 7 machines running a copy
4 > of firefox marked, in parenthesis, 32 bit.)
5
6 They're working on it... They actually have started generating 64-bit
7 nightly builds for Windows and Linux:
8 https://nightly.mozilla.org/
9
10 If I had to guess what the hold-up has been:
11
12 User confusion about which version to use (32-bit will work for
13 everyone, 64-bit won't)
14 Plugin availability (even Adobe and Sun didn't make 64-bit flash or
15 java until recently)