From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub heartbreaker
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 22:02:00
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > The kernel is exactly where you should be monkeying. I reckon you have a
4 > driver you need compiled in and it's a module because of the make
5 > allconfig.
6
7 I went thru the makeconfig carefully. Even disallowing an early item
8 allowing intramfs boot, built a kernel .
9
10 But still get the exact same kernel panic looking like it wants an
11 intramfs.
12
13 I've started looking around on vmware forums and finding some
14 discussion and alleged fixes but the first one failed so far.
15
16 This is turning into a big time sink that I don't really have so I'll
17 probably just use cygwin stuff to get some unix tools onto vista.
18
19 But first, are you running gentoo in a vmware on vista?
20
21 It wasn't clear in the thread if you were or not... or maybe I missed
22 it.
23
24 If not Alan, is anyone here running gentoo as guest in a vmware on
25 vista?
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list